HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Friday, April 11, 2008

Cute Polar Bears and More

I don't know much about photography but I love the work of Thomas Mangelson, a nature photographer. My husband and I discovered him in Utah at the Images of Nature gallery. We walked in and we saw a panoramic photograph of some trees. "That is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen" my husband commented. Then we noticed the photographs of the animals, and we knew that this is what we would be decorating our home with.
I love the vast variety of Mangelson's photos. He's photographed birds, butterflies, mammals, fish, trees and more. They've been taken all over the world and every picture is unique. He seems to capture every photo at just the right moment - almost like he has a special connection with these creatures and really understands them. My favorite ones are of the mammals, especially the bears. I've always loved bears so I was really excited to see the all the gorgeous selections. In the end, we picked up the Chameleon and the Leopard. They are now proudly displayed in my son's bedroom. Then we bought some affordable polar bear art cards and framed them ourselves. Now everytime I walk past my polar bears, I feel happy. They also sell fun stuff like calendars and puzzles. If you have a gallery near you, you should definitely check it out. Mangelson's books are also beautiful and worth looking at. My favorite is of course, Polar Dance: Born of the North Wind.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...