HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Curse of the Bone Pirates

If you don't already know, I love curling up with a good book. It's a great way to relax and temporarily forget about daily stress. Sometimes it's difficult to make the time to actually sit down and begin reading, but with Curse of the Bone Pirates, I had no problem. From page one I was hooked.

This new children's book by B.T. Hope has it all: high adventure, mystery, interesting characters and the exotic setting of Nui island. These are all great things by themselves, but the author goes even further and adds an ecological element to the mix. I loved the important messages about the environment and conservation that made their way into the book and how they were a natural part of the overall story. Not once did I feel like I was being lectured or that the messages were out of place. It really made me think about how our lives and nature are all connected and how the little things can have a big impact on our quality of life. Curse of the Bone Pirates is a super fun book to read and I'm looking forward to sharing it with my son when he's old enough.

The book is published by Nui, a company dedicated to the healthy future of youth. They create healthy hybrid beverages that you can purchase on the website (which also has fun facts, downloads and much more). Curse of the bone Pirates is the first eco-logical adventure in the series and I'm looking forward to reading future titles.

Thank you to Family Review Network for this review opportunity.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...