HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Friday, February 20, 2009

Tot School

I discovered some blogs doing Tot School and decided to join in on the fun! I thought it would be a great way to record my son's playtime and also a good excuse to take pictures of him. This week we focused a lot on colors. Here are some of the activities we did:



We read this Baby Einstein book together. He had fun lifting the flaps to reveal pictures of yummy, colorful fruit.


Here he is organizing his toys into the appropriate colored box.


This is a little something to help him learn his colors. I went to Home Depot, picked up a few Disney paint samples and laid them out on the table. Right now we're just pointing to each card and saying the color, but my eventual plan is to mix them up, flip them over and turn it into a fun little matching/memory game.



He also had fun decorating cookies and building with his blocks. It's such a joy to observe him as he learns and plays!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Using the Disney paint samples as a memory game is such a great idea! Next time I make it to Home Depot, I'll have to grab some of those :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that Home Depot Disney thing you did was BRILLIANT! Totally going to do that with Mu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the paint chip idea. That is genius. Home Depot, here I come!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...