HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Mom's Best Naturals Cereal

Recently, I was doing some research about what's in the food we eat. I was shocked at how many "non-ingredients" companies sneak into our food. Sure, I knew that the bad stuff like high fructose corn syrup existed in things like soda, but I didn't realize how much it's in other foods such as regular cereal. I also didn't realize just how many of these "fake" ingredients there are, most of which I can't even pronounce. I'm making a more concious effort now to actually read the labels and ingredients on the back of everything I buy, and I applaud companies that choose to use quality ingredients in their food.

Mom's Best Naturals is one of those companies. They make breakfast cereals and only use the highest quality ingredients. There’s nothing artificial, no saturated fat or hydrogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup. The company has been owned by the same family for four generations. That all sounds great, but how does the cereal taste? I was sent two boxes - one was the Toasted Cinnamon Squares and the other was the Oats & Honey Blend. Mom's Best Naturals is possibly the best tasting cereal I've ever tried. It had a touch of sweetness, but without the artificial sugary taste that you get with other cereals. These ones are made with real honey, after all. I felt really good after eating this, knowing that I had just had a healthy breakfast with all real ingredients. My almost two year old son loves these cereals too - he even begs for the box to snack on it during the day!

Mom's Best Naturals cereals are available at Wal-Mart and other major retailers. Click here for a store locator. Don't forget to sign up to receive a dollar off coupon.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...