HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Get Cooking!

One of my very favorite things to do is eat. I could pretty much eat all day, as long as somebody was filling my plate for me. Since that's not happening, if I want to eat I have to cook. And here's where I usually end up failing. Sometimes I'll get really excited about a recipe, only to find out that I don't understand the directions or there's no picture (I'm a visual person.) With the new cookbook that I received from Candlewick Press, I am once again excited about cooking.

The book is called Get Cooking and it's written by Sam Stern, a teenage boy from England. He's already written two previous cookbooks, and this latest one includes eight sections, one dedicated to himself and seven of his friends. Each section focuses on a different food like tomatoes, cheese, pasta, vegetables, meat, potatoes, sweets, and chocolate. I love how each section starts off by introducing one of his friends because it gives the book a nice personal touch.

Probably the best feature about the book is the collection of stunning, mouthwatering photographs of the recipes. Before I start on any recipe, I like to know what I'm getting myself into. I also like to the simple to read text and directions. None of the recipes are overly complicated, which makes it an ideal cookbook for amateurs like me, and also for teaching older kids to cook. You can learn more about Sam Stern and read his blog here. Get yourself a copy of the book and "get cooking"!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! Will check it out. I am a visual learner too which totally surprises me.

    Hello my name is Yosha and I am cookbook addict!!! I don't seem to be able to resist the pictures! Thank god for blogs now. I've told myself (very sternly) that I am no longer allowed to buy more cookbooks until I cook something from each of the books I have.

    Still rules are made to be bent right?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...