HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pace for All

Pace has always been the salsa of choice at our place. It seems to have just the right amount of heat (we get the Picante Medium") and it has tons of flavor. I was recently introduced to their specialty salsas, and now I have a whole line of yummy sounding salsas to choose from! I was able to try two of these flavors - the Pico De Gallo and the Mexican Four Cheese Salsa Con Queso.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but both salsas were amazing! I love salsa as a dip, but I also love using it in recipes and these aided quite nicely in creating some delicious meals. The Pico De Gallo has a bit of a sour taste which I love and is super good in an enchilada casserole that I make. Here's what you do: Mix one can of cream of chicken soup, 1/2 cup milk, 1 or 2 cans diced green chiles, cooked chicken, and one cup of salsa. Tear some tortillas and place them in a layer in a 9 x 13 pan. Spoon the chicken/mixture on top. Cover with shredded cheese. Repeat layering and place in the oven for about an hour at 350 degrees. Allow to cool and enjoy. This is one of our favorite dishes to make, and the Pico De Gallo makes it taste great!

The Mexican Four Cheese is also a winner, because I like anything that has cheese in it. This is wonderful in breakfast burritos, and on grilled cheese sandwiches and quesadillas. I bet it would also taste good as a pizza sauce. Check out all the different varieties of specialty salsas here.

Are you a salsa fan? What's your favorite way to use salsa?

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Our favorite salsa is Pace, too...didn't realize there were speciality salsas...have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...