HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Friday, January 8, 2010

Make It A Rosarita Night

I love food. Before moving to San Diego however, Mexican cuisine wasn't at the top of my list. This is probably because the only Mexican food I had growing up was from Taco Bell or something similar. Mexican food in San Diego is different though...ever had a fish taco? Delicious! And I've discovered stores that sell nothing but rows and rows of salsa! I had no idea that there were so many kinds of salsa, but I've come to appreciate all the different flavors that come from each one. Apparently it's healthy and you can make a lot of kid friendly recipes with it. Count me in!

The new Rosarita Salsa line comes in three flavorful varieties: Mild Salsa Mexicana, Medium Salsa Verde (my favorite) and Hot Salsa Taquera. The salsa is made in Mexico, so it's authentic and has that comforting homemade taste. Now, I'm all for simply dipping tortilla chips in my salsa and being satisfied but there's so much more you can do with it. Try this:

Enchiladas Verdes - Green Enchiladas

Ingredients:

PAM Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 jar Rosarita Medium Salsa Verde, divided
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
12 corn tortillas (6 inch)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/4 cup of the salsa over bottom of dish; set aside.
Combine chicken, 1/2 cup of the salsa and 1/2 cup of the cheese in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking apray. Heat one at a time in skillet over medium high heat on both sides until slightly puffy and softened.
Top each tortilla evenly with about 1/4 cup chicken mixture; roll up. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish. Cover with the remaining salsa; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminum foil.
Bake 30 minutes or until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly.

The new Rosarita salsa is currently available in LA, Dallas, Phoenix and Denver. Find them at select Walmart and grocery stores.

I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Rosarita and received a sample to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...