HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Monday, November 17, 2014

Home Cookin' Chicken 'n Waffles with Chick-Fil-A

It's no secret that we are huge eaters of all things Chick-fil-A. Our kids seem to think that where there's cows, there's chicken to be had which, in our case is actually pretty accurate.

*Insert obligatory cute pictures here:

There's also this cool thing called the Chick-fil-A Mom's Club which I'm a part of. Aside from getting to offer valuable input and feedback, I also occasionally get treated to yummy goodies. The #DressUpYourNuggets promotion is my opportunity to share with you my best semi-homemade idea to dress up those addictively delicious chicken nuggets. I came up with two different ways to serve CHICKEN 'N WAFFLES because really...is there anything more satisfying?


We'll start with the easy way:

Step 1: Get a box of mini Eggo waffles. Sure, you could make your own waffles, but why on earth would you want to do that? Plus, these are way cuter. And don't forget the Chick-fil-A chicken nuggets!



Step 2: Toast the waffles. You can do that, right? Put them on a plate. You can even make pretty patterns, if you like.



Step 3: Stick some butter in the middle of the waffles, drizzle with your favorite syrup, and eat it all up!



Okay, now for my gourmet version.

This is what you would serve at a party, or if you wanted to make it seem like you have some mad cooking skills. The thing is, it's still totally easy, which is key. Get a load of this:



Seriously? How cute is that?! Okay, the trick here is the adorable mini plate. In this case, I used one from my daughter's play kitchen. Spread the waffle with a bit of butter - honey butter if you wanna be extra fancy, delicately place a chicken nugget on top, and drizzle lightly with syrup.


Enjoy - I know I did.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Those mini waffles with chicken look so fun! I wish we had a Chick-Fil-A nearby...last I knew there was only one location in our whole state! :-/ We'll be going south for a week this winter and will totally have to have some Chick-Fil-A :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this -you are so funny and we were laughing the whole time while reading! M&C

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one was fun to write - and eat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...