HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Monday, February 2, 2009

Buddy Up with Journal Buddies

Over the years, I've tried a number of times to keep a journal without much success. I'm not sure why - part of me feels silly about writing something that nobody else will read. I suppose I could always share what I've written with others, but I'm not exactly the type to get up and read all my journal entries aloud to anybody. If I had had Journal Buddies as my companion, however, I'm sure that things would have been different.

Journal Buddies is no ordinary journal. It's a journaling experience, meant to build self-esteem and celebrate the magnificence of yourself and others as unique individuals. The journal is used three different ways: by sharing, by creative journaling and by recognizing kindness. You start out each one of the thirty journal entries with a buddy - a friend, relative, anybody you want. The goal here is to write three things about your buddy that you like. Your buddy then does the same thing for you. The creative journaling section is literally a blank page for you to write, draw, paint, or decorate however you want. Finally, the kindness section is a place to record all the kind things you do, or have had done to you.

While the two journal buddies versions (one for girls, one for boys) are meant for the young adult genre, I think that anybody could benefit from doing these exercises. Each journal entry includes an inspirational thought for the day and a focus word to ponder. I also really loved the list of creative journaling ideas included in the book, such as make up your own secret language and write a journal entry about it, or write an ad about yourself and why you're a great kid, daughter, friend, or student. Finally, the Section for Reflection after all the journal entries are finished is a wonderful way to look back on your journaling adventure and to see what you've learned and how you've grown.

I loved the positive energy of the journal and after reading through it, I feel motivated to find and celebrate the special qualities in us all. Journal Buddies makes a great gift - get yours directly through the website or at Amazon.

Thank you to Family Review Network for this review opportunity.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...