HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Friday, March 5, 2010

Tribute to Steed

I don't normally like to post sad things on here, but I feel like the loss of our car deserves mentioning. Last Saturday, our "Trusty Steed" was involved in an accident that declared him totaled. It's tragic, as I was fully expecting him to get fixed up... he's been a trooper all these years and I feel sad that he had to go out this way. I have so many memories of Steed - not so much driving him as I don't drive much, but that little car brought us joy. I remember our first long road trip with him. I remember when we got his car stereo installed. I remember driving home from the hospital with my newborn baby.



I don't even have a decent picture of him and I can't bring myself to post the pictures of the damage. Now we face the daunting task of trying to replace him. Sigh. I don't think we'll find anything as trustworthy as Steed, but I won't give up hope. Thanks Steed, for everything. And I'm sorry.

post signature

7 comments:

  1. Awwww -I'm sure your trusty steed would really appreciate your post. I like how you write that you 'don't drive much' -ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope no one was hurt aside from Steed. Good luck finding another trouper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear of your lost. Justin and I are attach to our cars too. We alos give them names. The boys name my car "Lady" from Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! I know how you feel! I hope your next car is just as great at making new memories in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find a good car that will follow up in Steed's footsteps. I hope you all are okay as you mentioned an accident

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know your sorrow. We went through the same thing a few months ago too. This was my 3rd car accident in 6 years. (I'm NOT a bad driver) I was rear-ended by a semi on the inter-state & they fixed that car... 3 years later I bought my "Little Green Machine" and was rear-ended at a stop sign just 12 days old! Lots of damage & a fractured neck but we both got fixed. Then, some teenager texting, drove through a red light & side swiped me with my 3 month old in the back seat! My "Little Green" kept the two of us safe and gave her life! :( Now I drive a Mini Van. Uuugggg. At least now I can haul all of the tutus for the ballet preformances. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...