1. I started a blog. That's right, January of 2008 is when Mama Sparkles came to life. So far I'm having a great time with it and I'm so glad I discovered the blogging world. Thank you to everyone who reads my blog - it really means a lot to me!
2. My "baby" turned one year old. I still refer to him as my baby, even though each day he becomes more and more like a little man. I'm truly fascinated by how his mind works and how much I learn from him. I'm amazed every time he turns his toddler chair into a "house" complete with a working door. I marvel at his childlike wonder every time I turn on the Christmas lights. And I savor each moment I have with him and each time he kisses me.
3. The best movie of the year for me was Kung Fu Panda. It seems like any time somebody mentions a good movie, Kung Fu Panda always comes to mind. For me, the movie was wholesome, plain, silly fun with a heart-filled message that didn't pretend to be something it wasn't. I feel happy every time I watch it.
4. A trip to Disneyland is always magical, but 2008 was the first year we took our son with us. Instead of rushing towards the rides, we took it slow and really saw the whimsical charm of the park. The best part was getting to see the park through my son's eyes, an experience I'll never forget.
5. I had never really spent much time outdoors in nature before 2008. My husband's grandparents have a log cabin that we got to spend time at in the Spring. It was so refreshing and rejuvenating to breathe such pure air and have no real concept of time. This year I would like to spend more time outdoors and get a better understanding and appreciation for nature.
6. Finally my niece "Moo" was born, two months before Christmas, making me an Aunt. She has the sweetest little face and I can't wait to meet her in person, hopefully soon!
How about you? What do you remember most about 2008?