HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Start a Revolution

If there's one thing my son loves to do, it's eat. He has an extremely healthy appetite and when we're out and about he sure likes to munch on his snacks. That's why I try to make sure that the snacks I give him are as healthy as possible.

I recently had the chance to test out a few products from Revolution Foods and they were a huge hit! This is a company that believes all children deserve access to healthy, wholesome foods . Their organic lunchbox snacks and sandwich builders make it easy to nourish your kids with yummy, balanced nutrition.

My one weakness is chips, and from the way my son scarfs them down I'm pretty sure it's his too. The Organic PopAlongs from Revolution Foods are a chip-like snack that every bit as tasty as regular potato chips and a whole lot healthier. They're made with whole grain rice, corn and oats, and contain no trans fats, no high fructose Corn Syrup, and no artificial ingredients. I gave these to my son when he was fussing at Church and he happily calmed down and accepted his healthy snack. He ended up eating the entire bag which I didn't mind at all, knowing that it contained only healthy ingredients. PopAlongs come in three yummy flavors - Purely Original, Cheesy Cheese, and Simply Cinnamon.

We also got to try out the delicious Jammy Sammy (I just love that name!) This is a snack size sandwich bar filled with either peanut butter and strawberry fruit spread, peanut butter and grape fruit spread, or cinnamon and oatmeal. Normally, I don't care for this kind of snack too much, but the cinnamon and oatmeal flavor blew me away with how good it was. In fact, all three flavors are pretty scrumptious. (By the way, Jammy Sammys are not affected by the recent peanut butter recall).

My son had a great time with the Mashups, squeezable fruit that can be eaten right out of the pack. He was thoroughly entertained by them - tasty and it's like playing with a toy! Mashups come in three different varieties - grape, berry and tropical.

This is one company that I admire for going the extra mile and taking a stand for what we feed our children. If you would like to purchase any of these yummy snacks, they are available at Whole Foods Market. For more information about Revolution Foods and their mission, visit the website here.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...