Anyway, this post is not about the environment. This post is about movies that I would rather be watching, because after seeing Earth I became pretty depressed. My mom asked me what kind of movies I would prefer to watch. So here is a list of uplifting, inspiring movies that are on my shelf at home that I could watch anytime, any day:
1. 12 Angry Men - Great drama about forming relationships and really seeing people for who they are rather than what they are
2. Babe - Adorable little pig...how could you not love him?
3. E.T. The Extra Terrestrial - A classic
4. The Kid - Charlie Chaplin's best film...very touching
5. Kung Fu Panda - I do watch this every day and never get sick of it
6. Little Secrets - Friendship, discovery, growing up, all here
7. Mad Hot Ballroom - The kids are amazing and so cute
8. Miracle - Everyone said it was impossible...and they proved them wrong
9. Nancy Drew - What can I say, I love detectives
10. Ocean's Eleven -Not your typical "inspirational" film, but it's genius so I could watch it over and over again
And also, I don't own it (yet) but Les Choristes is the best "teacher saves the students" movie I've ever seen.
So there you have it. Many of the movies I just mentioned can be found on the Heartland Truly Moving Pictures website. I also did a post about them a long time ago.
Do you have a favorite uplifting movie? What movies would you add to my list?