HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Pediped=PEE-dee-pehd (?!)

While relaxing with my daily dose of Cool Mom Picks the other day, I came across this handy dandy Pronunciation Guide. You know how there are all those children's brands out there that you don't know how to pronounce? Well, Cool Mom Picks has narrowed it down for us with an easy to understand list of brands and their proper pronunciation. Turns out I've been wrong all along except for a couple of them. Seriously though, the PEE-dee-pehd blew me away. I guess it makes sense now that I see how it's spelled but really - I was way off. Thanks Cool Mom Picks, for clearing that up for me.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I would have never guessed Pediped was pronounced that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip -I've been pronouncing it incorrectly this whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes sense to me now- pediatrics is the care and healing of children and is pronounced pee dee atrics , and ped must be from the Latinword pedis- which means foot . Like pedicure and pedometor. In my nursing studies we had to learn a lot of Latin terminology and it's interesting to see how clever the name pediped really is- incorporating the words child care and foot for their shoes !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...