HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Friday, November 27, 2009

Easy, Yummy Cooking With Trader Joe's

I feel so fortunate to live close to a Trader Joe's market. They always have such a yummy looking selection of unique foods and plenty of samples! I even find it fun to just browse the aisles even if I don't intend to buy anything - something I definitely don't do at the regular grocery store. And have you read their "Fearless Flyer"? It's written so humorously and is a blast to read. If that doesn't get you excited about shopping at Trader Joe's, nothing will.

Oh, except for maybe this book that I received to review called Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's. Written by two enthusiastic fans of Trader Joe's, Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati, the book is filled with easy, quick recipes using ingredients found at Trader Joe's. Now, I like to eat food with a goumet, upscale twist but I don't appreciate the time it takes to make such creations especially with an active two year running around. This book is great in that it offers so many different types of recipes but they're not intimidating. Take, for instance, the Prosciutto-wrapped Scallops: only three ingredients and less than a half hour later, you've got a super yummy dish that's sure to impress anybody.

And, for those of you who like to take a list of recipes with you to the store, the new Trader Joe's Companion portable cookbook is the perfect to take along. This sturdy, softcover book is easy to slip in your bag and makes a handy reference at the store. It doesn't include pictures like the original cookbook does, but I find that the mouth-watering descriptions of the recipes are all I need to get me excited about cooking them. The companion book contains recipes from the original cookbook, favorites from the Cooking with Trader Joe's blog, and a few all new ones.

Pick up your own copies of these cookbooks by going here. Also makes a great holiday gift or stocking stuffer for a fellow Trader Joe's lover!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Trader Joe's and I shop there as often as I can.

    When I do, I almost always buy:
    * pizza dough, sauce, mozzarella cheese
    * blueberry scones
    * zucchini bread
    * produce
    * alphabet cookies

    :)

    What are your favorite things to buy there?

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...