HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mama Sparkles Confidential

*Click the Columns tab to see an explanation of Mama Sparkles Confidential.

It's been a while since I updated this column, so here's another imperfection of mine for you...
It bothers me that there's not one thing I can do really well. I know, it seems like everyone has this problem with themselves, but lately I find myself struggling with it. I feel like there are a few things that I do pretty well (driving is not one of them), but I'm not an expert in any of them. Now, I'm not asking to be the best at anything. I know that even among experts, there are always people who can do certain things better than you. I don't want to be the best expert - I just want to be a regular expert. At something. Sometimes, I feel like it would be better to trade all the things I'm pretty good at for just one thing, if it meant that I could be really good at it.

One of my favorite movies of all time is Mad Hot Ballroom. In it, the teacher says "Find something you love to do, then do it very well." That quote has stuck with me from the moment I first heard it.

I'm still searching for that one thing that I can do very well. Or, maybe I just need to work harder at the things I can already do. Something to think about, for sure!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. It comes with time...you've done ballet really well for many years. Maybe focusing on an aspect of something you already enjoy doing could lead you to the bigger thing that you end up doing really well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...