HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sparkle Spotlight: Chloe Lukasiak


As some of you know, I used to be a ballerina so naturally I'm into all things that have to do with dance. Recently, I've been tuning into Lifetime's reality show Dance Moms. Now, I could do without all of the show's drama and I tune out all of the fights, but I love the kids! They are a talented young group of dancers and I enjoy their performances. Eleven year old Chloe Lukasiak is a beautiful girl inside and out. She's a joy to watch and I love her innocent, fun loving personality. I had the privilege of asking her a few questions about what the world of dance means for her. Let's meet Chloe:

You have really grown as a dancer and a person over the last season of Dance Moms. We saw a vast improvement in your confidence. What are your goals for the near future? What do you hope to continue to improve upon?

I really just want to continue to grow as a dancer and believe that I can achieve anything I set my mind to! I'd really like to try acting next, as well.

You are a very expressive dancer to watch on stage. How do you feel when you're dancing in front of an audience?

Even before I could really "dance", I always loved to perform. I really feel at home on stage and I love telling a story to the audience.

What is your favorite thing about competing?


Probably just performing. And seeing new places with my best friends.

Glitzy Girl is your new jewelry line. Can you tell us a little bit about it?

Maddie (Ziegler) and I were talking one day about all the ribbons and pins and trophies we get from dance competitions and we thought, wouldn't it be cool if we could wear something pretty? Like a bracelet or something, so we came up with the charm bracelet idea and other girls seem to really like them, too!

Life as a dancer is not easy. What motivates you to keep dancing even when your body hurts or you're tired?

I just love to dance. And I always want to keep trying one more time. I guess that keeps me going?

You've got your hands full with the show, competing, school and Glitzy Girl. How do you balance it all?

I think my life is pretty much the same as its always been, just now there are cameras. So I think I'm just used to balancing it all because it's what I've always done.

You won a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet School. Is ballet something you would like to pursue further?

Yes, I think ballet is very beautiful, but difficult. But the costumes are usually amazing!

Is there a style of dance that you haven't learned that you would like to try?

Hmmm, I would like to learn ballroom! I would love to dance in high heels!

When you're not dancing or at school, what do you like to do for fun?

Well, I like to read and shop, play with my sister, have sleepovers. You know, just normal girl stuff!

Do you have any advice for any future dancers?

Just be YOUR best, don't compare yourself to others, never let anyone get in the way of your dreams! And smile onstage!!


Thanks for taking time to chat, Chloe! Good luck with all of your dance endeavors!




post signature

2 comments:

  1. I watch the show and feel Chloe has the best physique at her school . She's a nice height , long legs long neck and a perfect size head and oval face .She's my favorite and seems like a sweet girl and likes the friendships she's made .I can see her as a classical dancer - good extensions - needs to work on turnout and finishing the lines of her fingers and making smoother transitions . Watch the musicality too - sometimes late.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chloe is a very pretty girl who seems sweet and natural and very talented and hard working.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...