HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Want a Snack? Try Funky Monkey

My son loves his snacks. I think he got it from me, because there's something extremely satisfying in mindlessly munching on something, especially if it's crunchy. Therefore, we'll often eat snacks together. The only problem is that he seems to get bored of the same old thing day after day. I needed something new to offer him and I was grateful when Funky Monkey offered to send me a few samples of their snacks to try out.

Funky Monkey snacks are delicious AND they are healthy! Each bag is packed with real fruit that has been freeze dried - they contain no added sugar or sweenteners and no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. It's just 100% natural fruit, which is great because sometimes I have a hard time feeding my son fruit. However if it "crunches" like this does, he will more than likely eat it.

Last week, he begged for a snack as usual but this time I had something new to offer him. I gave him the Bananamon flavor. I thought it would be good for him to try, because nobody in our home likes bananas so he never gets to eat them. When he saw the fun, colorful looking bag he snatched it out of my hand and began wolfing down the snack. Judging by the look of enjoyment on his face, I decided I had to try one too. So I wrestled my hand in the bag and ate a banana. And it was yummy! The touch of organic cinnamon really added to the flavor and made it delicious. Other flavors include the Carnaval Mix, which is an organic medley of banana, pineapple, apple, papaya and raisins. Jivealime is organic pineapple with organic lime juice, and the Purple Funk (which we didn't try but it sounds really interesting) is organic banana with organic acai.

Funky Monkey snacks are available online and at select stores. Next time I go grocery shopping I'll be on the lookout for these!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a game....LOL

    Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live up by San Bernardino and was just wondering if you have found any stores down there that sell this, besides Whole Foods stores. I do not think I have a Whole Foods store near my house. So I would like to see if there is another store that sells it.

    Anyway if you have any info could you please visit my site and post it in my Funky Monkey post or whatever current post I have there.

    Thank you so much for any help you could give to me. I need a healthy snack for my grandson and granddaughter that I babysit and one that would be healthy for me.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...