HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Be Smart with Smart Balance

At our place, eggs are constantly being eaten. My son and I enjoy them daily and I love experimenting with new recipes involving eggs. I've never really paid attention to the quality of the eggs that we eat. As far as I was concerned, an egg was well, just an egg.

I now realize that that is not the case. I've recently became aware of Smart Balance, a company that specializes in healthier versions of products such as spreads, popcorn, and peanut butter. They now offer healthier eggs as well! The Smart Balance eggs contain over 400% more total Omega-3 than a regular egg (wow!), and have 25% less saturated fat. They are also a good source of vitamins E, D and A. That all sounds amazing, but the important thing is that they taste amazing too. I love eggs anyway, but these tasted especially wholesome. Plus, I felt good knowing that I was eating one of the healthiest choices out there. I was especially impressed by the quality: the hens are fed a 100% vegetarian diet, are raised without antibiotics or growth hormones, and are never fed any kind of animal by-products. Not only that, but the eggs themselves are packaged in recycled and environmentally friendly materials. This is as good as it gets!

Smart Balance eggs are currently available in California and Colorado, but are being phased in nationally. Keep an eye out for them - you can also check out the other Smart Balance products here. In addition, make sure to clip your coupon on coupons.com to receive fifty cents off one dozen Smart Balance eggs!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...