HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Blogging Goals

I've been seriously rethinking my blog over the past few weeks. For some reason, lately it's been a bit of a struggle to get posts out and I've felt somewhat uninspired. Therefore I won't be changing but rather re-organizing the way I do things. And I'm mainly writing it all down for me, so that I don't get confused or forget.

1. I want to write more personal posts. I actually really enjoyed writing about my first dessert recently, and I'd like to write about more experiences like that.

2. While I do enjoy writing product reviews, I want to do less of them. All the things I've reviewed on here make my heart sparkle (they wouldn't be on here if they didn't), but lately it's felt a bit like a chore to post them all. I'm toying with the idea of maybe dedicating one week per month to a certain theme (something I had actually planned to do a while back) and intermingling reviews into that, or maybe just posting a few here and there.

3. I do enjoy Wordless Wednesday and Thursday Thoughts, so I think those are keepers...although I'm not sure if I'll do Thursday Thoughts every week. Maybe only when my thought is really significant. San Diego Saturday is one of my favorite columns to write, and I'd like to post it more often. Do any of you local San Diegans read it?

Thanks for listening. If you have any comments, thoughts or ideas please feel free to let me know!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. The personal posts are definitely the most fun to write! And Wordless Wednesdays are just plain fun! ;-) Good luck with your goals! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just started reading your blog, but I really like it so far! I myself love personal posts — in the past I've gotten into some trouble for choosing to bare too much on my blog (it made some people uncomfortable to read about my miscarriage, struggles with depression, etc) but I've also gotten so much support and "I love your honesty" emails that I continue to do so! Good luck with the goals and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. I haven't done many reviews/giveaways, but I've already decided they need to be spaced out. They can be fun, but not as much as personal posting is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your goals. I'm always looking for fun things to do locally so I love when you post your San Diego Saturday posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the reviews. Unless it is coming from a real interest--it's hard to keep them fresh. I try to pick a theme each month--this month is travel. Maybe something like that would work for you too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...