HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Saturday, June 5, 2010

San Diego Saturday

Welcome to San Diego Saturday! Updated as needed, this column is where I'll provide info about noteworthy events, attractions and fun things to do around town.


I've become disheartened by the upcoming closures of two of my favorite local businesses. The children's gym where my son tumbled, jumped and played his heart out will be closing in about a week. At least they have other locations, though none are particularly close to me. Then I found out that Trains Are Good, the awesome train store that my son absolutely loves is shutting down in two weeks.

We have enjoyed going there for story time, talking to the owners who are super nice, and playing on the train tables. We're really going to miss it. Starting today, they are having a sale which will last two weeks, until June 19th. You'll be able to save up to 50% on playtables, wooden (Thomas) train sets, and Thomas accessories. Now is the time to check it out and enjoy it while it's here...and to say thanks for many wonderful playtime experiences.


post signature

4 comments:

  1. NOOOOOO
    That place was wonderful and soooo nice to you/us. I am sorry to hear that.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you're losing such fun places to go in your area. I hope you are able to find new places that are just as fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO sad Trains Are Good is closing! Must make a "goodbye" visit to express my thanks to the owners. They have been wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea..who knows it might turn into another blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...