HOME------ABOUT ME------COLUMNS------ADVERTISE------CONTACT

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sparkle Spotlight: The Twinkle Challenge

At just two days old, my niece Chloe received life saving surgery from SickKids hospital in Toronto. My awesome sister started the Twinkle Challenge in order to raise funds and awareness for stem cell research at the hospital. This is an area that is very under funded, but with a little help and creativity from us, we can help them reach their goal of $10,000!

So, my sister's a wiz at playing the piano, so when a random piano was placed at the hospital she created the Twinkle Challenge. She decided to learn Mozart's Twinkle variations in just two weeks, play it live at SickKids and give back to the hospital that saved her daughter's life. Not an easy thing to do when you've got two kids at home, but she rose to the challenge and did a beautiful job! There is a fantastic introductory video on the website where you can learn more about this amazing project.

Will you join me in taking the Twinkle Challenge? You can submit your own challenge in the gallery section. Watch me play my simplified version of the twinkle variations! You or your kids can draw a picture, sing a song, do a dance, anything you want. And if you feel so inclined, please consider making a donation to this wonderful cause. Please let me know if you submit a challenge. I can't wait to see all of your creations!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...